SAN FRANCISCO—A firefighter who responded to the scene of a fire in San Francisco’s North Beach is recovering from head trauma he sustained from a fall.
The fire was first reported at 2:42 p.m. on Monday, April 6 in the afternoon, igniting in a restaurant located at 1416 Powell Street. Initial reports indicated that the fire was started by the kitchen’s flue. Further investigation revealed a steam generator as the source of the blaze.
The firefighter that sustained head trauma was injured when he lost consciousness and collapsed. He was taken from the North Beach restaurant to a local hospital for treatment.
The blaze itself was under control by 3:10 p.m.. At this juncture, damage estimates have not been made public.