UNITED STATES—Yoga is a brilliant way in which you honor your body, soul, and mind. Hence, creating that comfort spot that is also sacred at home, ideal for yoga sessions, is a classy way of walking towards the path of spiritual exploration and better health.
You want your yoga studio to have a sense of calm and freshness. Setting the ambiance right is the first step toward having your life structured because mental well-being ensures success in whichever direction you move. The fragrance of scented candles, the soothing lights, muted tones on the wall; all mix up to make your yoga spot divine. Using smart blinds like Graber shades can help you easily control the light entering your studio. So, worry not; even if it is summertime and there is scorching heat outside, your studio will be filled with the right lighting and calming effect you desire.
Here are some brilliant ways to set the mood right in your yoga space at home:
- Lighting: Before starting your yoga session, you want yourself to be in the right frame of mind. Hence, pay attention to the lighting. Natural light helps your body produce serotonin. So, start your day with yoga and open all the windows as well as shades in your studio to let the daylight illuminate your world. However, make sure that the studio is free of any unpleasant noise to avoid getting distracted. Make your yoga space a Zen area where you get enough air, freshness, and natural light and can think
- Space for a soft yoga mat: Unroll your yoga mat on a clean floor, and there should be enough space for you to stretch, bend, and move around Yes, your yoga studio can be a multipurpose space. Many people live in studio apartments which means they don’t have the luxury of tons of space. But make sure to clean the studio because dirt will invariably distract you and make you sick. Choose a soft mat: one that’s gentle on your knees and joints with an anti-skid layer underneath to allow a firm grip on a smooth floor.
- Yoga props: You can’t practice yoga in a room that reeks of sweat. No wonder your space should be well Apart from the airy aspect, you can get some yoga props to instill freshness, such as scented candles, straps, bolster, blanket, blocks, and so on. If you want to practice yoga consistently at home, these tools can be pretty helpful for you. Your studio should smell awesome because positive emotions, vibrations, and smell are interrelated. After all, how you want to practice yoga is entirely personal to you. However, if you are willing to explore your inner self through yoga, nothing could beat the vitality of a space that has the power to brighten up your emotions.
- Soothing music: The sound of waves crashing on the shore, the sound of pitter-patter raindrops, chakra frequencies, soulful music, and more will lead you on the path of mindfulness where you and your brain accompany each other, and feel relaxed together. In this state, you are aware, more than ever, of all things you touch, see, smell, and understand. Soothing music nourishes your mind and soul to help you go about your daily life
- Clutter-free space: Keep your yoga studio clutter-free and organized. Decorate it the way you love. Remember, it is a sanctuary where your soul feels safe. So, the warmth of the space must inspire you to continue with your self-healing sessions regularly. An unorganized and dirty place will demoralize you. In fact, clutter gives rise to negative thoughts and vibrations. So, to remain energetic and free of anxiety, remove all the excess articles that don’t add meaning to your yoga space. Keep objects that are relevant to your practice and functional. The bottom line is that while you practice yoga, you must keep your mind and soul free of distractions that way, you will attain insights into your inner self.
Create a space for yourself where you can be creative, read, contemplate, meditate, breathe, and embark on a journey to explore the depths of the inwards.