- To provide a community newspaper that tells all the news honestly without any political agenda, slant or spin.
- To allow commentary writers the freedom to express their opinions and views without interruption, censorship, or persuasion.
- To provide members of the community (rich or poor) with the truth and a place to voice their concerns.
- To abstain from printing anything demeaning, calumniatory or potentially harmful to any living being.
- To maintain the highest level of journalistic integrity.