Site icon San Francisco News

Restaurant Fire Leaves Firefighter Injured

SAN FRANCISCO—A firefighter who responded to the scene of a fire in San Francisco’s North Beach is recovering from head trauma he sustained from a fall.

The fire was first reported at 2:42 p.m. on Monday, April 6 in the afternoon, igniting in a restaurant located at 1416 Powell Street. Initial reports indicated that the fire was started by the kitchen’s flue. Further investigation revealed a steam generator as the source of the blaze.

The Restaurant fire was caused by a steam generator.

The firefighter that sustained head trauma was injured when he lost consciousness and collapsed. He was taken from the North Beach restaurant to a local hospital for treatment.

The blaze itself was under control by 3:10 p.m.. At this juncture, damage estimates have not been made public.

Exit mobile version