BEVERLY HILLS—Reality star of the Bravo hit “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” and restaurateur Lisa Vanderpump’s restaurant, Villa Blanca, was evacuated on Monday, May 15, due to a fire scare.
Smoke began to fill the restaurant and an adjacent building, TMZ reported. According to Lisa’s husband, Ken Todd, the smoke was caused by a malfunctioning pizza oven. Todd reportedly arrived at the restaurant after learning of the news. Vanderpump was not present at the scene.
“We didn’t want to take any chances, so we called the fire brigade,” Todd told TMZ in an interview. According to Todd, some water damage occurred as the firefighters extinguished the smoke.
The customers were safely evacuated. No injuries were reported. Villa Blanca will remain closed for a few days as the restaurant is cleaned up.
“Wasn’t on fire pizza was smoking,” Vanderpump tweeted in response to a fan’s tweet about the fire. She replied to a well-wishing fan, “All is well now, thank you.”
This is not the reality star’s first experience with fire. In February 2016, the Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a call at her West Hollywood restaurant, PUMP, to extinguish a small electrical fire in the kitchen. One month later, firefighters arrived at PUMP to put out another kitchen fire.
Vanderpump and her husband currently own a third restaurant, SUR, located in West Hollywood. They have owned 26 restaurants, bars, and clubs in London and Los Angeles, all of which were designed by Vanderpump.
Vanderpump is best known for her appearances in the reality show “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” and its spin-off, “Vanderpump Rules,” which follows the employees at her restaurant, SUR. In 2013, she appeared on the 16th season of “Dancing with the Stars,” alongside Russian dancer Gleb Savchenko.
Written By Joanne Yi